It is easy to set up a free account and start selling your cards on COMC! In order to have the most enjoyable experience while utilizing COMC, it is important to understand the COMC marketplace and how we function.
As a consignment business, we neither buy nor sell cards, but instead act as a third party for sales. Customers pay us an initial processing fee for our service of receiving, scanning, identifying, and listing their cards, and then the customer sets the sell price for each of their cards via their account page.
When a cards sells via a fixed-price listing, a 5% transaction fee is charged, and the remaining 95% profit is deposited into the customer's account as COMC Credit. This credit can be used to purchase and ship cards on our site or pay for the processing of further cards. If a customer wishes to cash out their COMC Credit through a check or PayPal payment, there is a 10% cash-out fee.
For a full list of our services and fees (including storage fees), please visit our Fees page here.
Additionally, we do recommend that prospective consignors do a bit of homework in spot-checking their collections by comparing some of the cards they are considering consigning to similar cards already listed on COMC. If there are already dozens (or, in some cases, hundreds) of copies of a given card at a low price already on the site, it would probably be unwise to consign that card, as it would likely need to be sold at a loss after processing to even move the card. It is also worth your time to examine a list of what we do and do not accept on our Supported Trading Cards page here. Also note, we deal exclusively in singles; any sets that sellers send to us are broken down into individual cards before we upload them.
You may initiate a submission by going to our Submission Wizard here. You may learn more about the Submission Wizard on our "How to Complete the Submission Wizard" article.
Finally, we recommend a box-in-box approach to prevent contents from being damaged. It is best for cards to be put in penny sleeves, and then put in an inner box with padding. If you hear noise while rotating this inner box, it is best to add more padding. This inner box should then be placed in a larger, outer box for mailing, again with sufficient packing material so that the inner boxes and the cards inside are not rattling loosely and are guarded against damage. Please see our instructional video on how to ship your cards to us to ensure the package is sent safely and securely.
If you're looking to sell a large collection, we recommend starting off small, and building up you inventory on COMC over time. Processing fees are drawn upfront before you cards are deposited into your account. The best way to get started and save yourself that large up front deposit is to send in a small batch of your best 100 or so cards first. Once those have finished processing and started selling, meaning you've generated revenue from their sales, use the store credit from those sales to pay for additional processing of the lesser value items. Continue to repeat this method until you've submitted all of the cards that you want to sell. While this does take time, and a bit of effort on your part, it will allow you to have the best selling experience possible, with the lowest out-of-pocket commitment possible.
If you have further questions, you may find additional answers on our Consignment FAQ page here.