COMC charges per-item shipping fees as follows:
- 25¢ per item for raw, standard-sized trading cards
- $1 per item for graded, encased, pre-toploaded, Elite & oversized trading cards, coins, comics, and magazines
As a COMC user, the time at which you pay for your per-item shipping fees depends on whether your account is set in Simplified Shipping Mode or Advanced Reseller Mode. The per-item Shipping & Handling fees are bundled into the purchase prices of individual items purchased in Simplified Shipping Mode. For items purchased in Advanced Reselling Mode, the cumulative per-item shipping fees are owed at the time the shipment request is placed.
Advanced Reseller Mode is designed for flippers and makes it so that the per-item fee is not included when purchasing an item, since flippers typically do not intend to ship the items they purchase. You can switch your account between Simplified Shipping and Advanced Reseller Mode at any time under "Outgoing Offers" in your COMC Profile & Options.
Additionally, items not purchased through the site are subject to the per-item shipping fee at the time of shipping. This includes items that are:
- consigned by you but never sold which you request to ship back to yourself
- transferred into COMC (such as ePack items or COMC eBay auction wins)
- received via the COMC Mailbox