What are the benefits of using COMC to submit cards to a third-party grader?
- Effortless grading: submit any supported card for grading straight from your COMC inventory in just a few clicks.
- Maximize resale value: graded cards have historically held more value and have seen higher profits than non-graded cards.
- Buy and grade instantly: purchase any of the more than 30 million raw cards currently listed for sale on the COMC Marketplace and instantly submit them for grading.
- No paperwork: no need to describe your cards or fill out submission forms; we handle everything for you.
- No shipping: we carefully prepare and package each card for grading and send it with insured, expedited shipping both ways.
- No minimum submission: submit as many or as few cards as you like; there is no minimum threshold when submitting items to be graded.
- Free sleeves and card savers: our expertly trained team protects your cards for submission with the highest-quality supplies—at no cost to you.
- High-resolution imaging: all graded cards will receive our industry-leading Elite photos upon arrival back at COMC before being deposited into your inventory.
- Secure storage: your submissions, along with over 30 million other items, are safely secured and protected at COMC.
- Full control and convenience: upon return, you can list your card for sale on the COMC Marketplace with no maximum listing price, send it immediately to auction, or ship your card to yourself, all at your discretion.
- Submit Upper Deck e-Pack cards for grading: though our exclusive partnership with Upper Deck e-Pack, you can immediately buy, rip, and submit your uncirculated, pack-fresh e-Pack pulls via our grading submission portal. For more information on how to transfer cards from your e-Pack account to your COMC account, check out our tutorial!
Please be sure to note the grading provider's supported item policy to verify the eligibility of your cards.
What May I Submit to Third-Party Grading?
Please note, Only items that are supported by COMC may be sent to grading via our Group Grading and Direct to Grading services. Please only submit individual trading cards. For example, COMC does not support packs, boxes or memorabilia. The COMC Supported Item List can be found here.
Unsupported items will not be interactable on your COMC account except to request in a return shipment at your expense.
Why am I getting a "No Services Available" message when I go to submit my item?
One reason this message may appear is because your card is currently stored remotely. Only items located in our central facility are eligible for grading. Cards that are temporarily stored in other facilities will receive the “Item Stored Remotely” designation. For more information, please visit our remotely stored designation article.
This message may also appear because we do not currently offer grading services for the item you are trying to submit. For example, cards such as Upper Deck's James Bond or Cryptozoic's Rick & Morty sets are not supported by CGC Cards at this time.
Are Stock Image items eligible to be submitted for grading?
Stock Image items must first be Reprocessed as Elite before being sent to third-party grading. The $2 Elite fee will apply to Reprocess stock image items for grading. This will allow you to review high-resolution images of the card prior to submission. All completed grading submissions return to accounts as Elite items at no additional charge. More may be learned about Reprocessing as Elite via our dedicated article here.
Can Sub-Grades be provided for my card?
CGC Cards does not offer sub-grades, except for "Perfect 10" items which will automatically receive sub-grades at no additional cost. COMC does not offer any add-on sub-grades services through CGC.
Are the turnaround times guaranteed?
All service turnaround times are estimates, and are not guaranteed. We do our best to keep turnaround times within the stated timeframe. However, if an item exceeds this timeframe, you are welcome to reach out to us for an update via our Staff@comc.com email.
Please note: Turnaround times are subject to change.
Can I cancel or change a grading submission?
Requests for grading submission cancellations, or changes to the submission request, cannot be accommodated. Please carefully review all details when submitting an item to third-party grading.
What if I declare an incorrect value for my item?
You are required to accurately value your card during the submission process. If our third-party grading partner determines, at their sole discretion, that an item was declared below the fair market value, you will be charged the difference in cost to upgrade to the appropriate service level as well as an additional $10 fee. You will receive a notification if this upcharge occurs in your submission.
Additionally, the Declared Value acts as the maximum insured value of your card in the unlikely scenario an issue occurs with your item throughout the grading process.
Can I submit items from other grading companies to be crossed-over?
CGC Cards does support cross-over services, simply select the grading service you wish to cross-over to, as if it were a raw card, and we will handle the rest.
What if the grade I received wasn't as expected?
While we do our best to accurately represent cards, COMC is not a grading company our standards may not match those of a third-party grader. COMC does not guarantee any grades for your items; there are no returns or refunds based upon the grade your card receives.
How does COMC ship and take care of my card to ensure damage does not take place in transit to grader?
Your cards are carefully retrieved from the COMC inventory and immediately sleeved and placed into appropriate protection. From here, they are packaged securely and inspected before leaving the facility. Card handling is taken very seriously at each stage of the process and your items are insured.
Do I have to submit paperwork when submitting my items for grading?
Grading submissions can be completed quickly and easily at a click of a button. Avoid paperwork, minimum submission restrictions, and other hassles as your items are handled with white-glove service by our expert team.
Submitting from our Canadian location
Please note that all items located in our Canadian office will require an additional 7 days of processing time for grading services.